We get this question a lot, “Can you build me an affordable gaming PC under 300$?” And we’ve decided to make the unique guide just for people with limited funds.
Building a PC on a budget doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice performance. This blog post will show you how to build a high-performing PC for under $300. We’ll recommend some of the best hardware components for budget-minded buyers and provide links to our most popular budget-friendly builds. So whether you’re looking to build your first PC or are just on the hunt for affordable upgrades, read on for our top tips and recommendations!
Recommended Hardware for Best Gaming PC Under $300
We’ll recommend some of the best hardware components for budget-minded buyers and provide links to our most popular budget-friendly builds. So whether you’re looking to build your first PC or are just on the hunt for affordable upgrades.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
- Features best-in-class graphics performance in a desktop processor for smooth 1080p gaming, no graphics card required
- 6 Cores and 12 processing threads, bundled with the AMD Wraith Stealth cooler
- 4.4 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 19 MB cache, DDR4-3200 support
- For the advanced Socket AM4 platform
The new AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6-Core 12 Thread unlocked desktop processor is the best in its class for smooth 1080p gaming, without needing any graphics card. With an octa-core design and 4.4 GHz max boost speed it has all of your processing needs covered! This product comes with a Wraith Stealth cooler which helps keep things cool even when pushing through intense levels or applications such as games that require more power from their hardware than what was expected.
The best part about this product is that it is unlocked for overclocking, giving you the ability to increase its performance even more! Not to mention, it comes with a 19 MB cache and support for DDR4-3200 which makes it even more future-proof.
This is the perfect choice for anyone looking to build an affordable gaming PC that can handle most games on the market today. It is also a great option for those who want to upgrade their current rig without breaking the bank.
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME A520M-K
- AMD AM4 Socket: Design for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon Graphics Processors
- Ultrafast Connectivity: M.2 support, 1 Gb Ethernet, USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, HDMI2.1 4K@60HZ, DisPlay port 1.2
- Comprehensive Cooling: PCH heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 2 utility
- 5X Protection III: all-round protection with LANGuard, DRAM overcurrent protection, overvoltage protection, SafeSlot Core safeguards and stainless-steel back I/O
ASUS PRIME A520M-K, the perfect board for your next PC build. It comes equipped with an AMD AM4 socket that supports third-generation Ryzen processors and Radeon Graphics Processors. The ultrafast connectivity includes M.2 support, 1 Gb Ethernet, USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, HDMI 2.1 4K@60Hz, and DisplayPort 1.2.
This board has comprehensive cooling with a PCH heatsink, hybrid fan headers, and Fan Xpert2 utility. The 5X Protection III features all-around protection with LANGuard, DRAM overcurrent protection, overvoltage protection, SafeSlot Core safeguards, and stainless-steel back I/O.
This is an excellent choice for anyone looking to build a budget-friendly gaming PC that can handle most games on the market today. It is also a great option for those who want to upgrade their current rig with some of the latest and greatest features.
RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 8GB
- Viper Steel Series: Capacity 8GB (2x4GB)
- Base Frequency: PC4-17000 (2133MHz); Tested Frequency: PC4-25600 (3200MHz) with XMP 2.0
- Base Timings: 15-15-15-36; Tested Timings: 16-18-18-36
- Tested Voltage for Profile 1: 1.35V
- Aluminum heat spreader with unique and specific design element; Limited lifetime warranty
The Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 8GB is designed to give you the best performance possible. This product features aluminum heat spreaders that offer improved cooling among other things for increased longevity, as well its standard speed of 3200MHz on both frequency levels mentioned above!
These high-end modules are made specially by using top-quality materials which will ensure maximum durability even if something happens during use such as natural disasters or power failures; this means no more worrying about crashing your system because there’s nothing left but bad news anyway!
This product is perfect for anyone looking to upgrade their current rig or build a new one from scratch. Not to mention, it comes with a limited lifetime warranty so you can be sure that your investment is protected.
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 430W
- Delivers 430W continuous output at +40℃. Compliance with Intel ATX 12V 2.31 & EPS 12V 2.92 standards
- 80 Plus Certified: 80% efficiency under typical load
- Supports (2) PCI-E 6+2pin Connectors. Active (PFC) Power Factor Correction, MTBF: 100, 000 hours
- Industry Grade Protections: (OPP) Over Power Protection, (OVP) Over Voltage Protection, (SCP) Short Circuit Protection
- 5 year warranty
The Thermaltake Smart 430W 80+ Black is a super cheap power supply that provides you great quality and even has an extra layer of insulation to protect your sensitive components from getting too hot. It’s certified by the industry-leading company, 80 Plus which means it’ll give off maximum performance regardless if we upgrade anything later on down the line!
This 80+ PSU from Thermaltake is the perfect match for our build. It’s a high-efficiency model with enough wattage and great reviews. because it already comes with two PCI-E 6+2 pin connectors which will be essential in powering our graphics card. Since it’s a 430Watt power supply, there’s also room to grow!
With an Active PFC and an MTBF of 100,000 hours, you know that this product is durable and reliable enough to keep your gaming PC up and running for years to come. Not to mention, it comes with a 5-year warranty in case something does go wrong.
SSD: Kingston A400 240 GB
- Fast start up, loading and file transfers
- More reliable and durable than a hard drive
- Multiple capacities with space for applications or a hard drive replacement
The Kingston A400 240GB solid-state drive is a high-performance, ultra-responsive storage device that will improve your existing system response time with incredible boot loading and transferring speeds. Powered by the newest controller for read/write speeds up to 500MB per second! This SSD offers 10 times higher performance than traditional hard drives while being more reliable making it durable enough in any situation you may throw at them.
Evan if you’re not a power user, this upgrade will satisfy your needs with faster start-ups, loading times, and data transfers. If you are a power user, the Kingston A400 SSD is perfect for increasing productivity by decreasing the time spent waiting for files to load. This is an excellent hard drive replacement for any PC or laptop.
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L
- I/O panel can be adjusted in 6 different locations and the Case can be positioned: Vertical or horizontal
- Edge to edge acrylic transparent side panel offers a full view inside
- Body depth height: Can support normal size ATX power supply
- Front magnetic design dust filter with open perforated front, top and bottom for high air performance
- Extra space behind the motherboard tray for hidden cable management
The Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L is a budget-friendly case that doesn’t sacrifice quality or features. It’s perfect for our needs as it can support a normal size ATX power supply, has plenty of space for hidden cable management, and comes with an edge-to-edge acrylic transparent side panel that offers a full view inside the case. Plus, the front magnetic design dust filter is a great way to keep your system clean and dust-free.
Cooler Master is a well-respected brand in the PC building community and their products are known for being high quality while still being affordable. The MasterBox Q300L is no exception and is an excellent choice for our budget gaming PC build.
So there you have it, our gaming PC build under $300 for 2023. This budget rig is capable of playing most games at 1080p on medium to high settings and can even handle some newer AAA titles on lower settings. Plus, with an SSD included, you’ll enjoy lightning-fast loading times and shorter in-game load times. And if you ever need to upgrade, the power supply and case leave plenty of room for expansion. So what do you think? Is this the perfect budget gaming PC build for you? Let us know in the comments below!