A motherboard is the main center of communication between electronic components in a computer system. The printed circuit board allows communication between crucial components such as the CPU and memory and connects to other peripherals in the system. As the name suggests, this unit is the primary connection of all other computer system components attached to it.
When selecting the base on which to build your PC, the RAM, Central Processing Unit, GPU, and other components are vital. But what is essential and should spike keenness in selection is the motherboard. Choosing the best motherboard for your computer systems is a vital part of the process. While every other component is essential, a motherboard holds them all together for efficient function.
Decoding on the motherboard for your PC will revolve around your processor and other aspects of your system. If you already have one or are looking to upgrade to Intel or AMD, the search for the best motherboard will narrow down significantly. There are questions you can ask yourself before settling down for a motherboard. For example, are you looking for high-performance memory support? Will you consider overclocking your CPU at some point?
These questions and more aspects are among the things you will consider in your choice of a motherboard. With all the different types of motherboards in the market and not so different performance-wise, it can be challenging to choose one that perfectly fits your PC. A wrong choice can lead to a need for replacement down the line, not an easy undertaking. Therefore, covering all your bases beforehand is critical.
The kind of processor you are using can guide you on the best motherboard to pick. With all the buzz around the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU’s performance, it’s no doubt that it is a good investment for PCs. This newly launched processor is a compelling addition to any gamer’s collection because of its excellent compatibility with motherboards and high-performance ecstatic thermal power.
When shopping for a motherboard, consider the correct socket to support your AMD Ryzen 5000 series processor. Size is also an essential factor to consider as motherboards come in three different sizes. Generally, smaller boards mean fewer slots and features. You can also include a little bit of luxury like in-built Wi-Fi if you want, at an extra cost. Otherwise, there is no need to go wireless if you’re using a wired connection.
Read: Best Motherboards for Ryzen 5 2600
Now, to answer the question on the best motherboard for AMD Ryzen 5 5600X processor, picked out of the fantastic AMD Ryzen 5000 series, we have compiled a list of our top picks below. Here we have the best overall boards to the best cheap motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X.
|Best Overall Motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X||ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Motherboard||Check Price|
|Best Entry-Level Motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X||MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX Motherboard||Check Price|
|Best Budget Motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X||ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming Motherboard||Check Price|
|Best Premium Motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X||ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Motherboard||Check Price|
|Best Compact Motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X||ASUS ROG Strix X570-I (mini-ITX) Motherboard||Check Price|
|Best Cheap X570 Motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X||Asus Prime X570-P Motherboard||Check Price|
|Best Enthusiast Motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X||Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula Motherboard||Check Price|
So here is my list of The 10 Best Motherboards for Ryzen 5 5600X
ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Motherboard
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Mini DTX form factor: 8.0 inch x 6.7 inch, 1 inch taller than mini itx fits into any mini itx chassis that support two slot graphic cards
- Superb performance: Support pcie 4.0, 10 teamed up power stages, 4800+ ghz DDR4 memory overclocking performance with optic mem III
- Next gen gaming connectivity: On board wi fi 6 (802.11ax) with mu mimo support and intel gigabit ethernet with asus languard supports gamefirst v technology
- Comprehensive cooling solution: Features an actively cooled vrm and chipset combo heatsink supplemented by a full sized aluminum backplate and rog water cooling zone easy integration with a custom water cooling loop
The ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming makes a list as the best overall motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X for its perfect pairing AM4 sockets and PCIe 4.0. This pairing is perfect for Ryzen 5000 and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs for its AMD B550 chipset.
The motherboard offers a high power design with high-quality chokes and capacitors to provide reliable power for the latest AMD CPUs. It is fitted with a high-performance onboard gaming Wi-Fi 6 and 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard, perfect for the high connectivity gaming experience. The motherboard has an optimized thermal solution with fanless VRM and ASUS Stack Cool 3+ design that ensures the system runs smoothly even under heavy load. The self-cooling design enhances the passive cooling capacity for critical onboard components.
Read: Best Motherboards for Ryzen 9 5950X
Aside from the internal components, the motherboard comes with futuristic aesthetics, including a dark theme with minimal highlights, the cheapest heatsink and the ROG name. The industry-leading gaming audio from SupremeFX is made to draw users more in-depth into the sound while allowing noise cancellation with an AI Noise Cancelling Technology.
- Excellent self-cooling design
- Amazing futuristic aesthetics
- Great audio for excellent communication.
- Intuitive personalization software
- Not cheap
- Overclocking is limited by dated BIOS.
ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming is an excellent motherboard if you are looking to experience robust power and support for a faster memory. It is also a go-to motherboard if you are looking for a PCB with intelligent cooling and Asus Aura Sync illumination for unmatched personalization. We recommend following the manufacturer’s advice about ensuring your BIOS is up to date if you are installing your Ryzen 5000 series CPU.
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX Motherboard
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for socket AM4.Audio ports (Rear): Realtek ALC892 Codec
- Supports DDR4 memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Extended heatsink design: MSI extended PWM heatsink and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
- Lightning fast game experience: 1x turbo M.2, amd turbo USB 3.2 gen2, store mi technology
- Core boost: With premium layout and digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
The MSI B550 TOMAHAWK Max motherboard is our best pick entry-level motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X processors. With a military inspiration behind its build, the MSI B450 TOMAHAWK Max is built to withstand harsh battlefields in gaming.
It features heavily plated heat sinks and fierce grey/black-themed looks, giving it the arsenal aesthetic. Its specifications include an AM4 CPU socket, AMD B450 Chipset type, and 64 GB Memory Capacity and RAM Memory Size.
Some of TOMAHAWK Max motherboards features include its compatibility with 1st. 2nd and 3rd Generation AMD Ryzen. It also carries an extended heatsink design with an enhanced Printed circuit Board.
Read: Best X570 Motherboards
This unique design ensures that even high-end processors can run at full speed with the motherboard. TOMAHAWK motherboard is crammed with neat features and scoops the top rank for entry-levels for its ability to fuel your memory speeds, enhance higher overlock ability, and still be stable enough to take on high-performance CPUs.
It also has core boost features such as premium layout and digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance. MSI B450 TOMAHAWK Max is every gamer’s dream for a fast game experience because of its 1x turbo M.2 technology. Besides, the MSI Audio Boost is meant to give high-quality sounds for breathtaking gameplays.
- Good value for its price
- It is easy to set up and use
- Compatible with different generation Ryzen CPUs
- Detailed instruction manual allows first-time builders the experience without hiccups.
- Incompatible with Ryzen series without an MSI Bios update
Generally, MSI B450 TOMAHAWK Max is a good addition for anyone looking to start building a PC. It provided an easy-to-follow installation manual and an expansive layout that allows you to plug in many things.
The BIOS is easy to understand, from a beginner’s mode to advanced mode. It is an excellent motherboard for entry-level PC building if you want to avoid other motherboards’ extra features.
ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming Motherboard
- AMD AM4 Socket: The perfect pairing for 3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Gaming connectivity: Dual M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A connectors.
- Gaming networking: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, plus ASUS LANGuard and GameFirst technologies.
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor-made for your rig.
- Aura Sync RGB: Synchronize LED lighting with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear.
The ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard is one of the few motherboards that competes with the X570’s in price yet has premium features you will expect to find from certain ASUS high-end motherboards. Some of its specifications include CPU support for1st. 2nd and 3rd Gen Ryzen, AM4 socket, AMD B450 Chipset, 64GB memory storage capacity and DDR4 RAM technology.
The motherboards features include:
- Excellent gaming audio from SupremeFX in conjunction with Sonic studios for unique gaming sounds.
- It uses an Intel Gigabit Ethernet and ASUS LANGuard for networking.
- Robust personalization allowance with Aura Sync RGB. This feature allows you to synchronize LED lighting your liking and compatible PC gear.
- Pre-mounted I/O shield enables easy installation for users.
- Comprehensive cooling options that you can configure using Fan Xpert 4. Also, it includes a dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.
- The 5-Way automated optimization system provides overclocking and cooling profiles configured for your needs.
- Cool aesthetic outlook featuring a cyber-text pattern.
- Has optimal features at an affordable price.
- It is super-fast and easy to install with a comparable processor.
- I/O shield is pre-installed.
- Several USB ports form multiple plugins.
- Comes with stickers that allow users to change how they want their motherboard to look from the outside.
- No built-in Wi-Fi.
- Limited CPU support.
The most important factor is that if you are looking to build from scratch on a budget, the ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard will serve you well. Be sure to update BIOS before any installation to allow for compatibility. It has just enough ports and port headers for your initial setup. With this motherboard, anyone looking to avoid the high-end motherboard’s expenses can get power delivery, great features, effective cooling solutions and a cool look to accompany its performance.
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Motherboard
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Aura Sync RGB: ASUS-exclusive aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 headers
- Comprehensive cooling: active PCH heatsink, MOS heatsink with 8mm Heatpipe, Dual on-board M. 2 heatsinks and a water pump plus Header
- Gaming connectivity: supports PCIe 4. 0, HDMI 2. 0, DisplayPort 1. 2 and features dual M. 2 and USB 3. 2 Type-A and Type-C connectors
- Gaming networking: 2. 5Gbps LAN and Intel Gigabit Ethernet With ASUS LANGuard, Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO, and Gateway teaming via GameFirst V
For a motherboard that delivers premium features that PC builders crave in functionality, the ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming delivers with pure aesthetic expression. The motherboard offers superior value with features that allow users to access next-generation connectivity and breathtaking gameplay experiences.
The ROG X570’s specifications include AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen Processor, AMD X570 Chipset, Wireless connectivity via Wi-Fi 6, ATX form factor, 128 GB memory storage capacity and a 2133MHz memory speed. It also has an AM4 CPU socket and DIMM RAM Technology.
The motherboard offers some of the fastest speeds of up to M.2 drives with its 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen design processors. The model also comes with a 5-way optimization that automates system-wide tuning, from overclocking to cooling. The gaming audio is top-notch and refined with SupremeFX S1220A for smooth action. The dual PCIe 4.0 M.2 supports an incredible performance boost allowing users to enjoy the fastest data-transfer speeds across the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen platform.
The ASUS ROG Strix X570-E is a contender in the industry because it supports the market’s latest technologies and features at a premium rate. The price is not an overestimation for its capable features. Its lighting controls beat competition point-blank as the motherboard has presets of build-in RGB LEDs devoted to the ASUS Aura Sync technology. Comprehensive cooling options from PCH heatsink and MOS heatsink, water pump and header ensure that your system will carry through heavy loads and action without overheating.
Furthermore, this motherboard comes with pre-installed I/O Shield, making it easy for you to set up yourself. The fun fact is that with an Armoury Crate as part of its arsenal, you can customize RGB lighting and effects with every compatible device in your system and synchronize them with Aura Sync for one amazing systemic show.
- It has more USB ports for more plugins.
- Cool design features with heatsinks and LEDs.
- Next-Gen wireless connectivity for elevated gameplay.
- Intuitive BIOS that allows easy installation.
- Lacks onboard buttons.
- Power connectors are tricky for first-time users.
Comprehensively, the ROG X570-E motherboard is excellent in design and performance for its price. It supports advanced technology and challenges other contenders in the market with its fair price.
ASUS ROG Strix X570-I (mini-ITX) Motherboard
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs.Wireless Data Network: Up to 2.4Gbps transfer speed
- Next-gen gaming connectivity: features PCIe 4. 0, HDMI 2. 0, DisplayPort 1. 4, Dual M. 2, USB 3. 2 Type-A and Type-C connectors.
- Fastest gaming networking: Intel Gigabit Ethernet With Asus LANGuard, Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO support, and Gateway teaming via GameFirst V.
- Optimal power solution: 8+2 power stages with a ProCool II power connector, alloy Chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors.
- Comprehensive cooling design: features an actively-cooled VRM, Chipset combo heatsink and heat pipe to absorb and rapidly dissipate heat, meanwhile paired with AIO pump header and multiple chassis-fan header.
The ASUS ROG Strix X570-I motherboard takes the prize for our top compact motherboard. With this model, you get an advantage over some B550 models on the market with its multiple features.
To get started, some of the specifications you will encounter with this model include AM4 CPU Socket, DDR4 RAM Memory Technology, AMD 570N Chipset, 64 GB Memory storage capacity and compatibility to AMD 3rd generation Ryzen processors. It also incorporates a Mini-ITX form factor and wireless type connectivity.
The ASUS Strix X570-I is compact with the mini-ITX powerhouse board that can play ATX-size loads with utmost functionality delivery and show clean aesthetic expressions. The features include NextGen connectivity processed by the PCIe 4.0 and connected with dual M.2 connectors. These connections help in providing high-end speeds and efficient performance.
The motherboard also comes with a pre-installed I/O shield with a multi-purpose reset button, making first-time installation processes easy. They also include comprehensive cooling technology such as VRM heatsink and onboard M.2 heatsinks.
Additional cooling designs include fan headers connected with Fan Xpert 4 and a backplate option for the water pump. The entire cooling system facilitates a sustainable temperature during high loads and heavy gaming.
This compact gaming motherboard delivers incredible power with its digital power control and 8+2 teamed-up power stages. The 5-Way optimization corresponds with all your systems tunings to ensure it meets all your rig needs. ASUS mini-ITX ensures that the 3rd Generation powering grants your system premium gaming performance.
Other features include:
• Personalization with Aura Sync RGB lighting.
• SNR stereo playback output for great sounds.
• Onboard Wi-Fi for wireless connections.
- It includes Gigabit Ethernet and Wi-Fi 6.
- Premium gaming performance with a lot of options to customize.
- Plenty of connection options for multiple plugins.
- No onboard buttons.
- Need for efficiency improvement.
- Installation is a bit complicated.
Mini-ITX motherboards may not be a staple for many people, but the ASUS ROG Strix X570-I promises more compactness on features and value for your money. The comprehensive cooling design makes up for the heating that is mostly associated with X570 designs.
Asus Prime X570-P Motherboard
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs.Manageability: WOL by PME, PXE
- Industry-leading cooling options: comprehensive controls for fans and AIO pump, via fan Xpert 4 or the acclaimed UEFI
- Asus Optic-MEM: careful routing of traces and vias to preserve signal integrity for improved Memory overclocking
- Next-gen connectivity: supreme flexibility With PCIe Gen 4 support, Dual M. 2 support, USB 3. 2 Gen 2 ports
- Aura Sync RGB header: synchronize RGB header with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear, including next-gen addressable RGB strips
If you are looking to build from the ground without digging deep into your pockets, then the ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard is one of the cheapest you can find. I this case, cheap is not unlikable features. Rather, the motherboard offers an array of good qualities for an affordable price.
These motherboard specifications include AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4.0 for perfect pairing on the Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 series, AMD 570X chipset, 128 GB memory storage capacity, and DIMM RAM technology. Features include Aura Sync RGB header with compatible PC gear for excellent RGB lighting.
This affordable motherboard boasts industry-leading cooling options such as an AIO pump and fans controls via Fan Xpert making it cooler by design. It also offers ultimate data transfer speeds of up to 10Gbps worth a USB 3.2 Gen on boards.
- It is affordable.
- It has plenty of USB ports.
- BIOS is easy to navigate.
- Lacks some essential luxury features other similar motherboards have.
- It has several compatibility and systems issues with continued use.
Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula Motherboard
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Comprehensive thermal design: integrated cross Chill EK III, active PCH heatsink, M. 2 aluminum heatsink, and ROG cooling zone.
- High-performance networking: on-board Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO support, 5G and Gigabit Ethernet courtesy of aquatic and Intel, both with Asus Languid protection and support for GameFirst V software.
- 5-Way Optimization: automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
- Diy friendly design: pre-mounted I/O shield, Asus safe Slot, BIOS Flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
The ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula motherboard is our best pick for enthusiasts. This motherboard is for the builders who have worked through different motherboards and want to play around wit6h a unit that allows a personal touch to every aspect of your system.
Crosshair VII formula’s specifications include AM4 CPU socket, DIMM RAM technology, compatibility with AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen processors, and 128 memory storage capacity. Features of this enthusiast’s motherboard include:
- It offers high-performance networking with an onboard WiFi6 and Gigabit Ethernet from Intel.
- The 5-Way optimization enhances automated system-wide tuning for overclocking and cooling profiles.
- The pre-mounted I/O shield is of great importance for DIY projects. Other enhancements include Asus safe slot, BIOS Flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
- The AI dashboard control panel allows you full access to fine-tune your system for the best balance in every performance aspect.
- It has a differential sensing circuit that offers accurate voltage monitoring. These features simplify overclocking and tuning.
- Cooling systems are designed to let you cool with water and air using the CrossChill EK III technology.
- Aesthetics are neutrally sleek to look good with any combination.
- Onboard water cooling is a plus addition that keeps the system overall cool.
- LCD screen and two-way glass mirror are an excellent addition for display.
- It has plenty of USB ports.
- Pre-installed I/O simplifies the installation process.
- It is expensive
- It has BIOS issues that frequently require resets.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600X is among the ones we have discussed above. The difference is on what kind of features you are looking for in your motherboard and how much you are willing to spend on one.
You may get incompatibility issues using the B550 motherboard on a Ryzen 5 5600X. However, you can get around this if you have a BIOS flash button on your motherboard that will let you flash the BIOS even without a CPU. The motherboard will only be compatible after you update the BIOS.
You can work with 16 GB RAM for this Ryzen 5 5600X, and it will perform efficiently. This RAM is sufficient for even the heaviest AAA games, and you don’t need to upgrade for at least 2-3 years.
When AMD released the Ryzen 5000 series, they listed several processors, including, X570 that will support it. The answer here is yes if the BIOS is up to date. If it’s a new installation, check if the BIOS update is pre-installed.
The Ryzen 5 5600X series is a real blockbuster in the gaming industry as it has more allowance for different processor compatibility. PC builders can now experiment with different processors and upgrade, update and incorporate different components for the full gaming experience. Besides, the price is as inviting the feature-filled platforms that this unit drives. A run-through of why these motherboards are the best motherboard for AMD Ryzen 5 5600X is as follows:
Best Overall: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming – This motherboard takes the Best Overall cup for its intuitive personalization software and futuristic design. If you can overlook the price, this is a great choice to start building.
Best-Entry Level: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK Max – Why is this our pick for Best-Entry Level? Because it is easy to install, even for a beginner.
Best Budget: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming – If you are working on a strict budget but require just the right amount of features to get your PC up and running, we recommend going with this motherboard.
Best Premium: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming – The ability to support advanced technology and NextGen features with a fair market price is what makes this choice the best premium motherboard.
Best Compact: ASUS ROG Strix X570-I (mini-ITX) – For a Mini-TNX motherboard, this takes the best in the Compact category Gigabit Ethernet and Wi-Fi 6 for utmost networking. The customizable allowance is excellent for premium gaming performance.
Best Cheap X570: Asus Prime X570-P Motherboard – It may be cheap but not short of features for an essential start at PC building. The significant memory storage size and comprehensive cooling features are worth it for an affordable price.
Best Enthusiast: Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula – The full tune-up control, multiple displays, and NextGen connectivity features in this motherboard are all worth the price and guaranteed to give enthusiast wild and fulfilling gaming experiences.