Whether you’re building your own PC or upgrading your existing one, nothing takes more research than a motherboard does. The task at hand may seem daunting for a beginner, but we hope to make this review somewhat beginner-friendly.
Regardless of that, these mobos are still the best ones that you can find, whether you’re an amateur or an expert. The only difference is, we did the work for you and chose from hundreds of products to come down to 6 options for the best motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900x.
We have created this list with a mind to have something for everyone. So, whether you’re looking for the best Mini ITX or the best ATX, you will find what you’re looking for.
|Best Overall motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X||Asus AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)||Check Price|
|Best Enthusiast build motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X||MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE (Wi-Fi 6)||Check Price|
|Best Mid-Range motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X||MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus||Check Price|
|Best Budget Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X||Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming||Check Price|
|Best Mini-ITX motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X||Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming||Check Price|
|Best Micro-ATX motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X||ASRock B450M PRO4||Check Price|
So here is my list of The 6 Best Motherboards for Ryzen 9 3900X
For this review, the key feature on the basis of which we have chosen our products is the form factor.
Asus AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus Motherboard
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M.2 Drives, USB 3.2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Enhanced power solution: Military-grade TUF components, Pro Cool socket and Digi plus VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert
- Next-Gen connectivity: Dual PCIe 4.0 m.2 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5.0, TUF LANGuard and technology
ASUS is hardly known for its heavy gears anymore and is known more for gaming-centric expansion. This comes in as our best motherboard for AM4 Ryzen 9 3900x, for it has included the pricier AMD features within an affordable bundle. It includes top-end features like W-fi, PCIe 4.0 support, and USB 3.2 gen 2, among other things.
One thing we loved and didn’t expect is the RGB support on this device. You can use this with a variety of PC gears and use the LED light feature as you like to customize with light strips and more. This uses the AM4 socket, so it will be compatible with 2nd and 3rd gen processors, so compatibility won’t be a concern.
With Dr. Mos’s power design and 6 layered PCB, this device has a great power solution. Along with the power delivery, you also get upgraded cooling options, which make this perfect for supporting your CPU, RAM, and storage.
Although it’s a gaming PC, this is a great option for graphics and 3d modeling work. So, if you’re setting up your workstation and want to spare expenses for other graphics appliances, this is the motherboard for you!
Other reasons to choose this are the eight SATA ports and its capable of supporting 128 GB of DDR4 RAM. So, you will get plenty of storage space and have the build to support their smooth functioning.
- Chipset: AMD X570 Chipset
- Form Factor: ATX
- Memory: 4 x DIMM, Max. 128GB
- Storage: 1 x M.2 Socket 3; 8 x SATA 6Gb/s ports
- Upgraded power design and cooling system
- Supports 8 SATA ports
- Faster speed with PCIe 4.0
- RGB header support
MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE Motherboard
A motherboard with the name Godlike will have your expectations up in the skies alongside the price. And if you’re wondering if it’s worth all the hype, then know that is the best MSI motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900x. All the PC enthusiasts are awed by the sheer dominance of its physique.
It has all the features you want and many more that you didn’t even know you wanted. If you want to stand out with a setup that emits exclusiveness, the visuals of this board are show stealers on any given day. The display dashboard gives you the unique option of displaying information and even has GIFs for animated motions.
And of course, you will need a transparent casing to make the best out of this. When buying such an expensive board, the last thing you need is overheating. But that won’t be a concern as this has some of the best heat sinks and heat pipe design ever built.
The froze heat sink and extended heat pipework together to keep the device cool and running. This also features isolated sounds due to the Xtreme Audio DAC. Alongside superior sound quality, you also get the isolated features to evade the unwanted noise.
Moreover, it also comes with KillerTM Wi-Fi, which will give you a super-fast Wi-Fi connection, which goes as high as 2.4 Gbps.
So, if you want the toughest device with some of the coolest visuals and RGB options and the toughest device with maximum performance imaginable, then this is the motherboard for you. On another note, this will also support the gen 4 Ryzen upgrade.
- Chipset: AMD X570 Chipset
- Form Factor: E-ATX
- Memory: 4 x DDR4, Max. 128GB
- Storage: 4 x SATA 6Gb/s ports; 3 x M.2 slots
- Customizable display dashboard
- Variety of overclocking features
- Amazing heatsink and heat-pipe design
- Built-in Wi-Fi supports up to 2.4gbps
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Motherboard
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for AM4 socket
- Supports ddr4 memory, up to 4400plus(oc) MHz
- Audio boost 4 technology with nahimic 3 software enhancement for immersive experiences
- Frozr heatsink with patented fan design – propeller blade technology and double ball bearings
- Pre-installed IO shielding is grounded and protects the IO ports from potential electrostatic discharge damage from the external environment
Are you looking for the best ATX motherboard that won’t make you broke? MSI Gaming Plus, much like their name, is the gamer’s choice device that you can’t miss. Not just for running all your favourite games, streamers will also appreciate the efficiency of this motherboard in handling the multi-tasks.
This also means designers and developers looking for strong support will find this to their suiting as well. For this budget, getting PCIe 4.0 is amazing, as this is one of the few motherboards that support it. And that’s also why this is a great gaming board.
If you want to throwback to the traditional black and red design of MSI, you will enjoy the design of this. However, there is no integrated RGB, so the black and red design are all you get.
As this is more of a budget pick, we don’t recommend it to those who are looking for more in their motherboard than its proper functioning. This has a more than adequate capacity voltage regulator and a great cooling system that MSI banks on.
But amidst all its generic features, what stood out for us is the audio boost 4, which will make sure you get HD sound experience. And the IO shielding is also effective in protecting the ports from external damage.
And this is a device good enough to get you what you want, but for the price, if you keep your expectations at bay and indulge in the MSI brand dependability, this is definitely worth it.
- Chipset: AMD X570 Chipset
- Form Factor: ATX
- Memory: 4 x DDR4, Max. 128GB
- Storage: 4 x SATA 6Gb/s ports; 2 x M.2 slots
- Has a black and red design
- Adequate capacity voltage regulator; overclocking supported
- IO shielding and Heat Sink technologies keep it safe
- Audio Boost 4 allows for HD sound effects
Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Motherboard
- AMD AM4 Socket: The perfect pairing for 3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Gaming connectivity: Dual M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A connectors.
- Gaming networking: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, plus ASUS LANGuard and GameFirst technologies.
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor-made for your rig.
- Aura Sync RGB: Synchronize LED lighting with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear.
This award-winning mobo is the best you can get for the budget. We can almost say for certain you won’t find a better gaming motherboard with a price tag like this. And it is much loved in the gaming community for its variety of features included.
As this is a box ready motherboard, you can use it right away without any BIOS upgrade. On top of that, it also supports DDR4 3600(O.C.) RAM up to 64 gigabytes, which makes for more than decent speed. And the USB 3.1 makes sure you get faster connections.
But where this wins it for Asus is the RGB header and the Aura sync RGB lighting. You don’t get RGBs in even higher-priced devices, but you get it on this. RGB enthusiasts running on a budget latched on to this right away.
Now, this is a device that the gamers can optimize to build a high-performing PC that will enable you to participate in all the big gaming leagues. The 5-way optimization, which includes overclocking, tuning, and cooling, allows you to configure this as you like.
And it’s also a beginner-friendly design, which requires minimum maintenance. Be it beginner or pro, you can configure this the way you want and come out with a PC of your choice. Unlike the devices of its kind, this has a range of connecting options to connect to the hardware of your choice without needing additional parts.
So, if you’re looking for that cyber-text pattern that will immediately bring your board to attention accompanied by superior performances, this is the motherboard for you.
- Chipset: AMD B450
- Form Factor: ATX
- Memory: 4 x DIMM; Max. 64GB
- 5-way optimization including overclocking and cooling
- Aura Sync RGB and RGB header
- Gaming audio that creates HD sounds
- Requires minimum maintenance
Asus ROG Strix B450-I Motherboard
- Powered by 2nd generation AMD Ryzen AM4 processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual NVMe M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2, 802.11ac WiFi, gigabit LAN, and up to 32GB of DDR4 (3600 MHz)
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and Fan Xpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Aura Sync RGB lighting plus 2 additional RGB headers provide a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of enabled products
- M.2 audio combo card raises M.2 drives and SupremeFX audio circuitry to minimize lateral interference
- Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio with the ROG exclusive SupremeFX S1220A driven by Japanese capacitors
You don’t have to rely on Intel for compact form factors any more, and Asus is doing a great job at bringing all that you want on a smaller platter, making you question if you ever needed the bigger forms, to begin with.
This mini ITX sacrificed almost next to nothing compared to bigger form factors. It features almost all the specs that you love and need in your device. Not even sparing on RGB, this also displays Aura sync RGB, which you can use to synchronize with various PC gears and get amazing LED lightings.
What this has done incredibly well is including all the specs that you need. For instance, this comes with Wi-Fi that supports speed up to 1.73Gbps. So, even if your device is far away from your router, you will get fast and smooth internet.
On top of that, this supports 2 DIMM cards, so it ticks the bar for gamers when it comes to memory and storage. It also sports gaming audio to give you that clear and crisp audio through which you can live the landscape by listening to it.
But what makes this reliable is Asus’s dependable M.2 Heatsinks that will keep your SSD cool and prevent it from wearing out. And the overclocking and tuning profiles on this are also amped by their 5-way optimization.
- Chipset: AMD B450 Chipset
- Form Factor: Mini ITX
- Memory: 4 x DIMM; Max. 64GB
- Supreme Fx audio for crisp and detailed sound
- Overclocking, tuning, and cooling profiles available
- Wi-Fi supports 1.73Gbps
- M.2 heatsink keeps the mobo cool
ASRock B450M PRO4 Motherboard
- Socket AM4 Digi Power design 9 Power Phase design Supports 105W Water Cooling (Pinnacle Ridge) Supports 95W Water Cooling (Summit Ridge) Supports 65W Water Cooling (Raven Ridge)
- Country of origin : China
- Memory 4x DDR4-3200+(OC)/2933/2667/2400/2133 DIMM Slots Dual Channel ECC Non-ECC Unbuffered Max Capacity of 64GB (AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Pinnacle Ridge))
- Slots 2x PCI-Express 3 0 x16 Slots (one runs at x8) 2x PCI-Express 2 0 x16 Slots (two run at x4) 1x PCI-Express 2 0 x1 Slot
Perhaps, the most affordable overclocking mobo in the market, Asrock, is as low as you can go without bottlenecking the CPU. This is a motherboard that’s sold rigorously because gamers who want a taste of proper gaming boards can’t get enough of. It readily supports Ryzen 3900x and requires no BIOS update.
Just because it has a steeper price doesn’t mean it’s any less reliable than the other devices on this list. The ASRock full spike protection is very reliable, and in terms of the price, this is the best you can expect to find. The full spike protection will keep your device safe during power surges and outages.
So, for all the gamers looking for a strong build that will let them stream without crashing, this mobo is the support you’ve been looking for. It has 4 SATA ports and 2 M.2 ports with one supporting PCIe Gen 3.
With the gen 3 PCIe, you get that speedy processing that you expect a gaming unit to have. On top of that, you have a USB type A and type C for speedy connectivity.
In terms of the hardware itself, this compact device spared no value. Owing to the hybrid Digi power, you get a powerful mobo that can efficiently deliver power and ensure that it’s getting stable power. Further, the capacitors also have a sturdy design, which makes sure your board isn’t going to die anytime soon.
- Chipset: AMD Promontory B450
- Form Factor: Micro ATX
- Memory: 4 x DDR4, Max. 64GB
- Storage: 4 x SATA 6Gb/s ports; 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket; 1 x M.2 Socket
- Full spike protection to protect the device from power spikes
- Includes HDMI, 4 SATA, and 2 M.2 ports
- Hybrid Digi power design that delivers power smoothly
- Reliable and powerful build
What to Look for Before Buying a Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900x?
Once you know what platform you’re going to be using, the rest of the decisions get easier as things generally fall into place or, if needed, can be tampered with. While buying a motherboard looking at price and warranty are the obvious and important ones as most of your decisions rely upon these.
But once that is connected to these features are the ones we will be discussing now.
Chipset and Socket
With AM4 being an obvious socket option, chipsets are the ones to mainly look at. All chipsets won’t be compatible. This varies from chips to chips. So, compatibility should be checked first.
This is where you start your search or end up after you’ve decided on the kind of specs you want your motherboard to possess. The form factor is the computer jargon for size, with ATX being the biggest and Mini ITX being the smallest.
And the bigger the motherboard you choose, the more features and specs you can put on it. And of course, expenses also increase with bigger forms. However, you don’t need ATX for decent gaming rigs. Micro ATX mobos are more than efficient at producing decent results.
You will want your warranty to cover overclocking as all devices should be open to it. Most motherboards support overclocking, and most users take advantage of it to speed up their system.
Storage and Memory
Nothing can be done if you don’t have slots for increasing memory and storage, and that’s an issue of the 2010s. Modern devices should be able to accommodate slots for additional memory and storage. So, check through it just in case.
Motherboards support various types of connections while sometimes not including the ones you need. Be sure to check it if you, for instance, need a Wi-Fi port on your motherboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we have the most commonly asked queries regarding the best motherboards:
Ryzen 9 3900x was introduced in May of 2019 and launched in July the same year.
Ryzen 9 3900x is considered among the best AMD processors for gaming and supports hardcore graphics and 3D work as well.
This is one of the best processors that money can buy, and with its 12 cores and 24 threads, you’d be foolish to expect anything less.
If you’re looking for the next-level performance, go for Ryzen 9. But if you’re looking for more value for money, the Ryzen 7 is cheaper.
It uses the X570 motherboard Chipset after replacing the previous X470.
Some focus on gaming, while others have more mainstream needs. Either way, you will need the right motherboard to start building your ultimate rig. Therefore you know what the best motherboard for AMD Ryzen 9 3900x is. Now you can decide the features and specs that you need and could need.