Once again, AMD has changed PC gaming by launching new processors. These CPUs deliver improved gaming performance and superior value than their predecessors. The company introduced 3rd Gen Ryzen chips back in July 2019. As the first gaming processor that is PCI 4.0 Ready, AMD used the most advanced 7nm manufacturing technology.
This enables the chips to deliver extraordinary performance while ensuring your system runs quiet and cool. Basically, the 3rd generation AMD Ryzen chips allow for higher clock speeds and energy efficiency. Powered by Zen 2 Core, these chips reduce memory latencies. This is a huge advantage for PC gamers playing top games at high frame rates.
If you plan on upgrading your processor to the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen series, then that shiny chip deserves the best motherboard. The best X570 Motherboard will help you get the most out of the platform from our research. Finding the right X570 motherboard can be overwhelming due to the many options out there. So, we researched and found the top 8 X570 motherboards for you.
|Best Overall X570 Motherboard||Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)||Check Price|
|Best Budget X570 Motherboard||MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS||Check Price|
|Best Overclocking X570 Motherboard||Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)||Check Price|
|Best Premium X570 Motherboard||MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE||Check Price|
|Best Mid-Range X570 Motherboard||GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Elite (Wi-Fi)||Check Price|
|Best Value X570 Motherboard||Asus Prime X570-Pro||Check Price|
|Best Micro-ATX (mATX) X570 Motherboard||ASRock X570M Pro4 mATX||Check Price|
|Best mini ITX (mITX) X570 Motherboard||ASUS ROG Strix X570-I Gaming mITX||Check Price|
So here is my list of The Best X570 Motherboards
In this post, we review the best X570 motherboards. We’ll also discuss factors to consider when choosing the X570 motherboard.
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi): Top Pick
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M.2 Drives, USB 3.2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Enhanced power solution: Military-grade TUF components, Pro Cool socket and Digi plus VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert
- Next-Gen connectivity: Dual PCIe 4.0 m.2 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5.0, TUF LANGuard and technology
Looking for a motherboard that supports PCI 4.0? The Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) comes with game-ready features. Designed to deliver power for the latest gaming systems, it features military-grade components.
First off, it has a unique set of cooling options and power solutions. The motherboard utilizes the Dr.MOS power stages. This feature combines the high and low side MOSFET delivering the right amount of power to your AMD Ryzen processor needs.
The X570 motherboard has the AsusSafeSlot and TUF LANGuard. These features offer military-grade protection for your LAN and PCIe slot. The TUF LANGuard has premium capacitors and advanced signal-coupling technology.
Thanks to these components, your motherboard is safe from static electricity. It’s also safe from lightning strikes.
With support for dual PCIe 4.0, the motherboard offers incredible performance. It can achieve this by doubling the bandwidth available to SSDs, hard drives, graphics cards, and Wi-Fi cards.
Designed for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs, the motherboard is easy to configure and set up. Besides its reliable performance, it has a sleek design. Every component is well-positioned for easy access – from the AMD AM4 socket to the DDR4 memory slots.
This is great for all users planning to build their dream gaming rig with ease.
The Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WiFi) features Intel Wireless 5 (802.11ac) with wide 160 MHz and can achieve wireless speeds of up to 1.73 Gbps. Besides WiFi 5, the motherboard has an onboard LAN chip. It offers fast and smooth data transfers plus excellent connectivity.
- Easy to configure
- Compatible with 3rd Gen Ryzen CPUs
- Sleek design
- Great for DIY
- Engineered with military-grade components
- Boost clocks sit lower than the traditional position
MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for AM4 socket
- Supports ddr4 memory, up to 4400plus(oc) MHz
- Audio boost 4 technology with nahimic 3 software enhancement for immersive experiences
- Frozr heatsink with patented fan design – propeller blade technology and double ball bearings
- Pre-installed IO shielding is grounded and protects the IO ports from potential electrostatic discharge damage from the external environment
Next is the MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, an entry-level gaming motherboard that supports 2nd and 3rd Gen Ryzen CPUs. It’s loaded with advanced features and the latest technology. As such, it can handle any challenge, whether it’s gaming, graphic design, or video editing.
As our best budget motherboard, the MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS comes with the Frozr heatsink. With double ball bearings and a propeller blade, the heat sink controls and dissipates heat efficiently. By actively cooling the system, PC gamers experience solid performance.
Besides cooling the motherboard, it also maximizes SSD performance. As you probably know, even the world’s fastest SSDs can provide poor performance when they get too hot. Thanks to the M.2 shield Frozr, the SSD can sustain maximum performance.
One of the latest advancements in the motherboard is the CPU power delivery system. Unlike previous models, this new version has an optimized circuit design. It ensures precise current output to the CPU and other components.
Built for esports and gaming, the MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS has a black and red theme. The theme extends from the heatsink to the PCB. MSI enhanced the look of the motherboard by integrating Mystic Light. With 16.8 million colors and 29 effects, the light supports RGB and rainbow LED strips.
The MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS has a RealTek 8111H Gigabit LAN Controller and WiFi connectivity. This ensures gamers experience smooth data transfers and online gaming with no lag.
- Has Mystic Light with 16.8 million colors
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen Ryzen CPUs
- Comes with a patented fan design
- Pre-installed IO shielding
- Supports DDR4
- IO shield has fit and finish problems
Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
- AMD AM4 socket: ready for 2nd, and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and up to two M. 2 drives, USB 3. 2 Gen2, and AMD StoreMI to maximize connectivity and speed.
- Comprehensive thermal design: active PCH heatsink, M. 2 aluminum heatsink and ROG cooling zone.
- High-performance networking: on-board Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO support, 2. 5 Gaps Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet, both with Asus LANGuard protection, and support for GameFirst V software.
- 5-Way Optimization: automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
- DIY friendly design: pre-mounted I/O shield, Asus SafeSlot, BIOS Flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
If you’re looking for the best overclocking X570 motherboard, this is for you. The Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) supports 2nd and 3rd GEN Ryzen CPUs. It also has the AMD StoreMI, which maximizes speed and connectivity.
To deliver high fidelity audio to your headsets, Asus integrated industry-leading SupremeFX technology. Infused with Optimum III, memory kits can run at lower latencies and operate at higher frequencies. This feature also allows for reduced voltages and improved signal integrity.
The board supports dual PCIe 4.0 up to 22110 and NVMe SSD Raid support. Not only does this ensure unthrottled transfer speed. But you can create a RAID configuration with up to two SSDs.
You can stack the Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) with your favorite memory modules to handle a variety of workloads. A diverse range of cooling options includes an M2 aluminum heat sink, ROG cooling zone, and an active PCH heatsink.
The Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) has a black and silver theme. It comes in a DIY friendly design, which allows for easy setup and configuration.
When it comes to connectivity, Hero has an onboard Wi-Fi 6 (up to 2400 Mbps) that offers blazing-fast networking speeds. It also provides better performance, especially in Wi-Fi dense situations. The board has a 2.5G onboard Realtek LAN port, perfect for lag-free gaming and fast file transfers.
- DIY friendly design
- Supports overclocking
- Provides high-performance networking
- High-quality stereo playback quality
- Great memory support
MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Desktop Processors for AM4 socket
- Ultra-fast networking support with both on-board Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11ax) and bundled 10G Super LAN card
- Onboard triple Lightning Gen 4 M. 2 slots and bundled M. 2 XPANDER-Z Gen 4 accessory card with two additional M. 2 slots
- Mystic Light Infinity II brings together colorful lighting and an infinity mirror for deceptively endless light effects – customize with 16. 8 million colors and 29 effects through the Mystic Light APP
- Xtreme Audio DAC with dual audio processors, ESS DAC, 6. 3mm headphone out, and Nahimic enhancement software
The MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE is a flagship model designed to serve the X570 chipset platform for AM4 socket processors. As a premium motherboard, it’s peppered with lots of features that boost performance and power delivery.
For efficient cooling, the EATX board comes with a patented fan and double ball bearings. Besides this, it also features an extended heat pipe design. The enlarged surface allows for efficient heat dissipation from the chipset heatsink and VRM heatsink.
To deliver breathtaking sound quality, MSI chose Xtreme Audio DAC. With Nahimic and 2x audio processors, gamers can experience high-quality audio via headphones.
Power is usually given in 14 + 4 + 1 phases using a digital VRM. Since MSI based the motherboard on the X570 chipset, it supports 2nd and 3rd generation AMD Ryzen CPUs. In fact, it’s able to do so with or without integrated Radeon Vega Graphics.
Like other MSI gaming motherboards, this model features Mystic Light Infinity II. Gamers can customize their own color scheme. They can combine mirror reflection to create endless light effects. By doing so, a gamer can make his rig come to life.
The dark styled board with pre-installed IO shielding has light accents and a wide array of ports accessible from the rear panel.
An Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 adapter gives this motherboard high-speed wireless connectivity. The 802.11ax protocol has the capability of broadcasting fast signals up to 2400 Mbps. Besides wireless connectivity, the motherboard offers LAN connectivity.
- Supports up to 128 GB RAM
- Built-in dynamic panel
- Offers lightning-fast gaming experience
- Better EMI protection
- Delivers high-quality sound
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Elite (Wi-Fi)
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- 12 plus 2 phases digital VRM solution with DrMOS
- Advanced heatsink design with enlarge heatsink
- Dual ultra-fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with single thermal guards
Gigabyte is a trusted brand that makes quality motherboards for gaming PCs. One of the best X570 motherboards to come off its production line is the AORUS Elite Wi-Fi.
The GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Elite (Wi-Fi) has two PCI 4.0 X4 M.2 slots and two PCIe 4.0 X1 slots. The top slot has an M.2 heatsink just next to the rear IO shroud. All fan headers are on the top half of the board. As hybrids, they support both DC controlled and PWM fans.
It has enlarged MOSFET heatsinks. Thanks to the large surface area, the heat sink improves thermal performance. It’s able to do so by increasing heat dissipation while maintaining a stylish aesthetic.
On the right side of the board, you have four DIMM PCIe slots. They use a double-sided locking mechanism to secure the memory modules. With support for DDR4 modules, users can stack up to 128 GB. A true beast among gaming motherboards, it features 12+2 phases digital power and 2X copper PCB.
It boasts HiFi grade WIMA capacitors and Chemicon audio capacitors. They provide rich sound in the bass frequencies.
The GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Elite Wi-Fi features next-generation connectivity. It includes Intel Dual-band Wi-Fi and Intel GbE LAN. Users can experience fast network speeds ideal for playing multiplayer PC games and transfer files fast.
The Aorus motherboard supports 5v Addressable lighting strips with up to 1000 LEDs. With RGB Fusion 2.0, gamers can experience more patterns and illuminations.
- Supports LED customization
- Offers next-generation network connectivity
- Advanced heat sink design
- Audio noise guard
- Multiple temperature sensors
- Lacks debug LEDs
Asus Prime X570-Pro
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- 5-Way Optimization: one-click, system-wide tuning delivers optimized overclocks and intelligent cooling for CPU or gpu-intensive tasks
- Industry-leading cooling options: comprehensive controls for fans and dual pump headers, via fan Xpert 4 or the acclaimed UEFI
- Asus Optic-MEM: careful routing of traces and vias to preserve signal integrity for improved Memory overclocking
- Next-gen connectivity: supreme flexibility With PCIe Gen 4 support, Dual M. 2 support, USB 3. 2 Gen 2 ports and front-panel header
The Asus Prime X570-Pro is an attractive motherboard that caters to users with serious pursuits in mind. It’s best for gamers who want to put their 3rd Gen Ryzen processors to more productive use.
The 3rd Gen Ryzen CPUs have more cores and demand more power than a typical CPU. To handle the demand, the Asus Prime X570-Pro features ProCool connectors with 8+4 pin connectors that pass 12V power to the CPU.
Employing a 12+2 power stage design with DrMos, the motherboard can deliver the efficiency and power needed by high core count CPUs.
Gamers can create a RAID configuration with up to two PCIe 4.0 slots to enjoy the fastest data transfer speeds. To protect your graphics, Asus integrates SafeSlot with fortifying metal.
This provides shearing resistance and superior retention. In fact, SafeSlot provides 1.6X retention force and 1.8X shearing resistance.
Other notable features include four DIMM DDR4 max 128 Gb, AM4 socket, RGB Headers, X570 Chipset with active heatsink solution, and 6 SATA 6 GB/s.
The Asus Prime X570-Pro has a black theme with white accents over the active chipset heatsink and DrMOS. It has a general layout with the M.2 slots in good positions. This helps to avoid too much heat from expansion cards.
For connectivity, the Asus Prime X570-Pro features the latest Intel Ethernet card. This card reduces CPU overhead. It offers excellent UDP and TCP throughput for faster data transfer. Sadly, it lacks Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Offers better power efficiency
- Industry-leading cooling solutions
- PCIe 4.0 support
- DIY friendly design
- Provides full RGB lighting control
- Does not have a POST code display
ASRock X570M Pro4 mATX
The ASRock X570M Pro4 mATX comes with the X570 chipset. It supports 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs, DDR4 memory modules, and PCIe 4.0. Although this is not a premium gaming motherboard, it’s loaded with features that gamers will love.
Since you are going for the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPU, you need a proper motherboard to handle the high power demand. The ASRock X570M Pro4 mATX is currently based on the X570 chipset with the AM4 socket. It has the next generation steel slot with PCI Express 4.0 capable of performing twice the speed.
ASRock’s steel slot has extra anchor points to ensure signal stability and ensure that your graphic cards are well installed. It also supports Dual hyper M.2 SSDs, capable of performing twice the speed, unlike previous versions.
This motherboard has onboard RGB headers and an addressable header. You can connect compatible LED strips and synchronize RGB devices to create a unique lighting effect.
ASRock engineered the motherboard with high-density glass fabric and 2-ounce copper for the PCB layers. Due to this design, the motherboard protects against electrical shorts.
To dissipate heat away from the MOSFET and chipset, the motherboard has extra-large aluminum alloy heat sinks.
The dark styled motherboard with subtle white accents gives the motherboard a mysterious touch. When it comes to connectivity, the ASRock X570M Pro4 mATX features Intel Gigabit LAN. Gamers can experience faster, smoother data transfers, and a 4K gaming experience.
ASUS ROG Strix X570-I Gaming mITX
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs.Wireless Data Network: Up to 2.4Gbps transfer speed
- Next-gen gaming connectivity: features PCIe 4. 0, HDMI 2. 0, DisplayPort 1. 4, Dual M. 2, USB 3. 2 Type-A and Type-C connectors.
- Fastest gaming networking: Intel Gigabit Ethernet With Asus LANGuard, Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO support, and Gateway teaming via GameFirst V.
- Optimal power solution: 8+2 power stages with a ProCool II power connector, alloy Chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors.
- Comprehensive cooling design: features an actively-cooled VRM, Chipset combo heatsink and heat pipe to absorb and rapidly dissipate heat, meanwhile paired with AIO pump header and multiple chassis-fan header.
The ASUS ROG Strix X570-I Gaming, X570 mini-ITX, has everything gamers need to build a solid gaming rig. As a mini ITX board, it runs well with the AMD X570 chipset and offers enhanced functionality.
The board features an M.2-2280 SSD ventilated by two 30 mm fans, two DDR4 DIMM slots, an AM4 CPU socket, a 10 phase VRM to power the socket, PCI Express 4.0 X16, etc.
To dissipate heat away from your system, the board features a comprehensive cooling design. Consisting of heatsinks over the VRM and chipset, they absorb and dissipate more heat. Other cooling system components include an aluminum backplate, M.2 heatsink, and embedded heatpipe.
The board has an 8 pin CPU connector and 8+2 power stages with durable capacitors to support 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs. Primed to deliver maximum gaming performance, it supports overclocking and multiple GPU configurations. This includes AMD CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI.
It also supports PCI Express 4.0/3.0 lanes. With up to DDR4 4800 Mhz, Asus OptiMem memory trace layout provides the best in class performance. They do so by enabling lower latencies and higher memory frequencies.
The motherboard features SupremeFX that utilizes the S1220A codec. As an integrated audio solution, it’s engineered to provide a flat frequency response.
The dark styled motherboard with silver accents comes in a DIY friendly design. This allows for easier configuration.
Connectivity includes Wi-Fi 6(802.11ax), and 1 GbE Wired Ethernet pulled by an Intel i211 chip. Now, you can enjoy the very best online gaming experience.
- Faster storage and networking
- Efficient cooling design
- LED illuminated audio jacks
- Compact design
- Delivers excellent gaming performance
Choosing the Best X570 Motherboard
Choosing the best X570 motherboard can be challenging. There are more than 30 X570 motherboards in the market, each with a rich list of features. Comparing the motherboards is a tough job. Lucky for you, we researched, and here are the factors to consider before buying an X570 motherboard.
Read: These are the best motherboard CPU combos
Support for PCIe 4.0 and overclocking is critical. PCIe allows for multiple GPU configurations that include NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX. Another factor to consider is cooling. AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen CPUs have high power and processing demands than typical CPUs.
To protect your system, the board must have an efficient cooling system consisting of heatsinks over the chipset and VRM. It should have an embedded heat pipe and aluminum backplate to dissipate heat.
Every gamer wants to experience excellent online gaming with no lag. For this to be possible, the motherboard should have Wi-Fi 5-6 and the latest Intel, Gigabit, or RealTek Ethernet card. This allows for faster, smoother data transfer and excellent TCP and UDP throughput.
The last big variable is the price. From research, you’ll discover that there are entry-level, mid-range, and premium motherboards. Entry-level boards are price friendly ($100 to $300), but they may lack vital features such as Wi-Fi connectivity and additional M.2 slots.
This is also true with certain mid-range boards. The good news is, you can still enjoy blazing fast performance. Premium motherboards are expensive and come with rich features. They range from $500 to $1000.
Frequently Asked Questions
As you play videogames, the X570 chipset becomes very hot. To prevent damage, the built-in fan helps to cool down the chipset and other components.
Yes, the X570 motherboard is better than the X470. Besides supporting 3rd Gen Ryzen CPUs and PCIe 4.0, the X570 board can reach more than 4800 MHz while the X470 can reach 3600 MHz.
Yes, all X570 motherboards support 3rd Gen Ryzen CPUs. They also support 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and overclocking. This helps you build a powerful gaming PC.
Most X570 motherboards have RGB headers. They can support RGB devices such as cooling fans and LED strips. By setting up RGB, you can illuminate your gaming rig with multiple lighting effects and patterns.
With its full support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs and PCIe 4.0, the X570 motherboard is an excellent choice if building a gaming rig. Unlike its predecessor, the X570 motherboard supports multiple GPU configurations.
They include AMD CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI. Sadly, you may encounter spacing conflicts when using two three-slot graphic cards.
The good news is, you’ll experience superior overclocking and blazing-fast data transfers. This is true once you connect to the internet via Wi-Fi 6 and LAN Ethernet port.
If you are looking for the best X570 motherboard, we recommend the models reviewed above.
Best of luck!